Why we need funding?
Towards the end of August 2013, the West Coast Youth Orchestra was registered as a Non Profit Company (NPC 2013/173339/08).
The WCYO intends to commence with an outreach program, in the geographical coverage area, to tutor young people and children from disadvantaged areas in the art of music and in the genres and instruments mentioned earlier. This is believed will have a positive impact on the communities they represent. It is generally known that children from disadvantaged areas are often abused by parents and other adults; they are exposed to substance abuse and generally suffer from neglect. Due to poverty and low income levels in these communities, young people from these areas do not have the means to attend music lessons as these are paid for lessons on a one to one basis.
By receiving tuition, learners will improve in various aspects such as discipline, responsibility, concentration and self-esteem. The WCYO will even open doors for further study or work opportunities.
Click here to read more about our outreach program in various phases.
Needs for the WCYO Office and Outreach Program:
- Monthly rental and maintenance
- Computer, Printer & Copier, Telephone, Internet equipment
- Notation and other software
- Mini bus & vehicles to transport tutors, players and instruments on a weekly basis
- Timpani's and various other percussion instruments
- Orchestral instruments and accessories
- Teaching materials
- Sponsorship or subsidy for disadvantaged learners
- Branded clothing and other products
- Traveling expenses for tuition and performances, tours etc.